Minuscule Art


     For a trial basis, I had brought two mini canvases, ad later a mini easel. I even cut out a piece of watercolor to make a miniature watercolor drawing. The square paintings are canvases that use acrylic paint. The rectangle painting is the watercolor one.

        My first mini canvas was a constellation, specifically the Big Dipper. I used pictures as a reference, and a toothpick and ends of  my brushes fro the stars. The background is a metallic blue.


        My second canvas was a abstract mosaic/multilayered stone footpath. I kept the background white, and mixed up new colors. The colors used are: cerulean blue, metallic orange, metallic green, metallic red, and metallic magenta. I placed a dot of whit on all the corners to look sort of like a border.


        My third, and most recent, minuscule painting is a cherry blossom tree. This is a watercolor painting. I first sketched out the branches of the tree, them filled them in with brown. Then, I filled in the sky with blue. The blue didn't cover any of the branches. I kept a small section in the bottom for the grass. I filled the grass in with a leaf green, then used a fan brush to give details for the grass. For the blossom itself, I used white, rose, and different shades of pink. I used a technique called flicking, when you flick the color onto the paper. It is very handy when doing snow and small flowers. The slight dark blue to the edge of the painting is a small mishap with the blue sky. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And now.....

A Surprise for Tanisha!

How I Draw: Brown Hair