Lucy


      I am taking a break from the Harry Potter theme to experiment with other ages. The following look-on is a pencil sketch of a  4- or 5-year-old girl.   
        However, my copy, in my opinion, is slightly older, around 10-11 years old. I didn't stay true to the look-on when it comes to the hair and dress. However, her face is as exact as I can produce. 
Black & White


Look-On:

My Copy:

        As you can see, I kept the hair neater and added a headband. The top of the dress is much more simpler, and the straps are a different style. Her face looks a bit more wider because of the lack of shading.


Colored:
 I colored in the eyes a greenish-blue, using True Blue, Light Cerulean Blue, Indigo Blue, and Spanish Orange...
Lips, with flesh tones, pinks, crimson red, and dark brown...
Skin with peach and cream, blended with white...
Completed skin, nose, shadows with brown and colorless blender...
Eyebrows and eyelashes; softer shadows...
Neck and more shadows...
Complete skin and sketched dress design...
Completed dress...
Headband and border for background (color:lilac)...
 Added highlights to the waterline of the eye, longer eyelashes, darker eyebrows, background...
Completed background...

       Now, all that is left is the hair and the small amount of background. I didn't mention this, I plan to make her a brunette. For the hair, I will be using an assortment of browns. This includes:
        For more in-depth directions of how I drew the hair, check my next post in How I Draw:


Hair...
More hair...
Completely Blocked in Hair...
Darker hair, flyaway(s) on the bun...
Completed background...
Added shadows to the forehead...

        And we're done! She looks so beautiful! This is a drawing I am definitely proud of, however, the left iris is too far into the corner, and the hair, though much better, could be a bit more shiny. 
        Here is the final picture (I did enhance it a bit to shows the color contrast; the original picture was too light, anyways). Next to the B&W, it's in a class of it's own. :)

Time Taken: 2 Days (August 17-18, 2017)
Update: I have decided to name her Lucy, becaue hy not?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And now.....

A Surprise for Tanisha!

How I Draw: Brown Hair