BindeySketch: Eye


        In case you couldn't tell, I love drawing eyes. I draw them when ever I'm bored, or thinking, or don't have any inspiration. I draw them surprised, angry, and neutral. I even draw different types: manga, anime, realistic, cartoon, etc. 
        This was drawn in the midst of Italian at my middle school. I was waiting for my paper to arrive, so I doodled. Considering i was surrounded by some *ahem* LOUD people, it was a wonder i could do anything (they actually weren't too loud...). But why draw in my mini-binder? Well, that's my school sketchbook. I take it with me everywhere, and use it whenever I feel like it. Carrying it is much easier than carrying a book.
        I tried to make the eyelashes more realistic, instead of straight up like a spooked cat's tail. They have more flow to them now. The pupil did become a bit cartoonish in the end, but I could fix it by making the lines inside a bit lighter. I was happy with the way the skin came out, considering I tried cross-hatching my pencil marks. The pencil does need better blending near the top. 
        I actually wanted a more neutral eye, But I had already done the eyebrow in that direction, so I kept it that way. I now think it looks better now, because the expression matches the wide-eyed stare.
        So what do you think she is expressing: doubt, hopefulness, or surprise? I personally think she's hopeful to get a dog, but doubts it will happen, and is pleasantly surprised to see her parents bring home a puppy. 
        Maybe that's my wishful thinking. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And now.....

A Surprise for Tanisha!

How I Draw: Brown Hair