Draco Malfoy


        The Harry Potter series is filled with many complex, alluring characters, but my favorite one has to be Slytherin King Draco Malfoy. Therefore, it only made sense that I tried (emphasis on tried) to draw him with my pencils. Surprise, surprise... it looks nothing like Tom Felton (the wonderful actor who portrayed said character). 
        I am very happy that I was able to get the sharp angles associated with Draco, without ruining the realistic aspect. Also, the eyes came out amazing! I used silver for the most part, but, when used properly, black can do wonders. 
        However, the face should have been sketched slightly more tilted down, and the eyes shouldn't be so sleepy looking. The shadows are really badly executed. Also, the ear is absolutely horrid
        Apart from satisfying my inner fangirl, this project was to help me improve my hair (like so many other drawings). This includes the hair (ok) and the ear (not so ok). I used two different reference pictures for this project. One was for the actually mapping out of the face, the other was for color scheme. 
Note: I didn't stay true to the hairstyle in the first picture. My version has longer locks, but still formal enough to pass in the Malfoy household. The hairstyle is very third-year-esque. :D 
                                                                               


        I was unable to take pictures of the developing drawing, as I was working on it in a class. I didn't have any device to go use.


        As I mentioned before, the ear is absolutely horrible. The nose may or may not be too long, altering the face. The tilt needs to be more down, and the shadows are useless (don't get me started on the robes; the only thing that came out good was the tie). However, the hair came out much better than what I had expected, so that's a plus. And the eyes, they may be one of the best I have ever drawn. I can't stop fawning over them. The lips came out quite good. 
        When it came to the background, I could've gone with black, however, I used the same color I used for my Harry Potter portrait (which I WILL redraw, sometime soon). With HP, I had a problem with the hair blending in with the black-ground, and here, it was the robes. Also, using the same color has a symbolic meaning to the characters, as I consider them to be two sides of the same coin. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And now.....

A Surprise for Tanisha!

How I Draw: Brown Hair